If you feel that you have a serious problem and need some electrical work done, the only solution is to hire a certified electrician in Dubai to resolve the issue. There are plenty of tasks you can take on yourself at home, but electric work is not one of them! Do it yourself projects are a complete no no when it comes to electricity because of the danger to you and your loved one’s health and safety. ServiceMarket asked the experts and compiled a list of things every electrician in the world wishes their customers knew.
What Your Electrician Wants You To Know
- Faulty wiring or incomplete work can sometimes lead to getting yourself electrocuted or even worse, killed. You can’t put a price on safety, so leave the work to the professionals when necessary.
- There’s a lot that goes into the education of electricians; they’ve studied for long, hard years to learn how to install and repair electrical fixtures, outlets, and equipment and figure out solutions. You can’t gain this type of knowledge online or from a book.
- In issues where you feel like you can just reset the electric main circuit panel to solve the problem, there are still some things you need to know. Don’t shut off the main switch unless you’ve turned off all the smaller switches on the panel. Any maintenance company in Dubai will tell you that it’s more expensive replacing and repairing an entire switchboard, which is what could happen if you don’t turn it off properly.
- An electrician’s license not only protects them, it also protect their clients. For cases that require insurance, applications, and permits, you need someone licensed to help you deal with these issues and adhere to the safety standards necessary. There are several changes to the codes of electricians, and they need to stay well-informed and up-to-date if they wish to present themselves as quality electricians.
- Don’t choose an electrician just because they’re the cheapest option available, you could be ruining your entire home’s electrical system. There’s a reason for a professional to be costly; it’s because they do the work in a timely and quality-conscious manner. The good thing about ServiceMarket is that you can get free quotes from several electrical companies in Dubai to help you make your decision.
- Electricians don’t want to keep you waiting, especially with faulty wires on the line. That’s why they want you to know you should call first thing in the morning if you see a problem. This way, they can arrange and organize themselves to come see you during the day instead of after-hours, which could cost extra.
- The best thing you could do to ensure you’re getting the best service from a platform like ServiceMarket is check reviews and request references. There are hundreds of licensed electricians out there, but some might be harder to work with than others. It’s worth taking a few minutes of your day to look up what others have to say about your selected electrical company in Dubai.
- Make sure you’re calling the right person for the job; if you’d like to install a new dishwasher or washing machine, you need to find a plumber in Dubai instead of an electrician, which is also possible through ServiceMarket. Contact the plumber or electrician ahead of time to explain the problem to avoid any confusion.
- A useful tip from electricians is to hire them to inspect a new home before you purchase it or move in. You won’t be able to tell whether or not the house has proper wiring or if there’s anything wrong that’s going to turn into a more serious problem down the line; but a licensed electrician in Dubai definitely would spot anything out of the ordinary and give you their honest feedback.
- One of the problem electricians spot on a regular basis is overloading an outlet. A lot of people assume if there’s space to cram in another plug, then that’s alright when in fact this move could lead to fires or blowing an entire circuit. Keep the items plugged in an outlet to a minimum to avoid major problems.
- Electricians want to know the scope of work for both your and their benefit. If you’re planning an entire remodel of the house while changing everything electrical, it would be better to postpone another small sized project for the moment. If you want to fix several problems around the house, you should let them know so they can prepare themselves to come to your home for a long period of time. It’s not productive to surprise them with extra tasks once they’re heading out the door.
They Want To Help
While it may seem like a lot of rules and items to remember; the truth is, electrician services in Dubai and everywhere else in the world just want you to be safe and are looking out for your best interests. Instead of paying extra for major work to be done in the future, hold off on fixing things yourself and get a professional to do the work better and quicker.