Many people have no idea how much catering in Dubai costs. If you’re planning an event but are not sure how much to budget for the catering, then you have come to the right place. From the number of guests to the types of cuisines, there are multiple things you have to consider while deciding upon your budget. To help you host a memorable event, ServiceMarket has put together the following tips for budgeting for the catering:
- Keep track of your guests: The cost of catering an event is dependant on the number of guests. Depending on the type of food and catering company you want, you can expect to pay anywhere from AED 50 to AED 500 per person. Make a list of all guests before sending out the invitations to get an idea of the number of guests you will need to cater for. If you have a small budget, then you may want to cut down the list of people you invite or have fewer or more affordable food options to make sure not to exceed your budget.
- Decide the menu: The cuisines you choose can make a big impact on your budget. There are many options such as Italian, Greek, Arabic, Indian, Street Food, Small Bites and Canapes, Barbeques, Fusion Foods or Sushi, and the cost varies depending on the type of food you are after. If you plan to serve multiple cuisines, make sure you know the per head cost. You can also ask your guests to pick what they would like to eat when they respond to your invitation.
- Pick your drinks: Many people make the mistake of underestimating the cost of drinks in their budget, especially if they are setting up a bar. Some catering packages include basic drinks such as soft drinks and bottled water. However, alcoholic beverages and tea and coffee are often charged per drink, and these costs can quickly add up. Be sure to pick the drinks that fit your budget in advance.
- Consider the services and staff: The staff you hire for your event could take up a chunk of your catering budget. You should keep in mind that in addition to waiters, you might also have to book cleaners before and after your event.
- Don’t forget to take the additional costs in consideration: There are a number of extra costs you might have to include in your budget. These include decorations, DJs, live entertainment, photography, crockery, rented equipment, tips and tables and chairs.
Looking for an easy way to compare rates of caterers in Dubai and calculate the the total cost of hosting your event? ServiceMarket.com can help! You quickly select the cuisines and services for your event and get free quotes from top catering companies in Dubai.