Do you hire a Dubai cleaning company to clean your house from top to bottom regularly or do you just tidy up when you’re expecting guests? Either way, it takes up precious time and effort, so the following tips prepared by ServiceMarket can make the whole ordeal a little easier.
- It might sound obvious but good organization really is the backbone of a clean and well-managed home. Take a few moments to evaluate if your current system is working for you. If you have to fish out regularly-used items, it means you need to reorganize. Keep things simple and accessible. Anything you use should be placed back immediately after use.
- Think in practical terms. A folder in the hallway for your receipts means you don’t randomly shove them in drawers and lose them. Plus, any items that you haven’t used since you got them should be donated or thrown away.
Sort out your closets
- Having all your clothes organized is one the easiest ways to ensure a clean house overall. Arrange clothes according to season, occasion or use – only you know the system which works for you! If you pack off-season dresses, make sure to label the boxes properly so you can find specific items easily.
- Investing in specialty organizers can help you make the most of your space. You can also use organizers for your undergarments, makeup and toiletries, shoes, bags, etc.
- Another ‘trick’ to remember is to put your clothes in their proper place at the end of the day and/or when you change, instead of leaving them balled in a corner or strewn over a chair. Any dirty clothes should be tossed in the specific laundry hamper immediately. Trust us, you’ll be glad of one less thing to do the next day.
Follow a cleaning schedule
- Having a schedule in place will make sure your home remains spotless without too much effort. Make a master list of chores and assign each task to a specific person and time, rotating responsibilities if needed. Hire a weekly cleaner to take care of the time consuming tasks.
- Divide and schedule the house cleaning in terms of tasks or space. For example, depending on how messy things get, you can vacuum the whole house every week and dust every three days. Floors can be mopped and scrubbed once a month.
- Make sure you spend 15 minutes every day as “pick up time” to pick up and put away all “extras” from the floors/counters etc. and make sure there’s no clutter anywhere. This can go a long way in giving your house a neat look. Get your kids to do the same for their own rooms.
- Frequently used spaces like the kitchen and the bathroom should be kept clean on a daily basis. The kitchen floors and counters can be wiped down every night as soon as dish washing is done. On the other hand, everyone can chip in quickly wiping down the bathroom after use. These can then be tackled weekly for a deep scrubbing if needed.
Use shortcuts where possible
- Always work from top to bottom, for example, always dust first and then vacuum and/or clean.
- Use two doormats in the entry; one inside and one outside to half the chances of dirt coming in.
- Use multiple clothing hampers to help with pre-sorting and saving time before laundry. Speaking of which, fold laundry, or other mundane house tasks like ironing, while listening to an interesting podcast perhaps – or hire a Dubai maid to do it for you!
- Improvise your cleaning utensils. Old dryer sheets are the perfect anti-static to wipe for baseboards or crown mouldings or wrap a rag on a blunt knife to wipe your vents when needed. Old socks can also be very handy dusters, especially for blinds, while that pesky pet hair can be whisked away easily with a wet rubber glove.
Book a cleaning service
- Sometimes, it is just not possible to make sure the house is clean and running smoothly, while still working and/or spending quality time with family and friends. Give yourself a much needed (and earned!) break and book a cleaning service on ServiceMarket in just a couple of clicks.
- Just give us some basic information and a few particulars, and we’ll have it sorted for you in no time. Our services include home cleaning, deep cleaning, carpet and upholstery cleaning, mattress cleaning, etc. so you have plenty of options to choose from. And then, sit back because we’ll take it from here.
With so much going on, it is very easy to put things off until tomorrow or another day. But remember, there are already other things to take care of ‘tomorrow’ and adding extra things to your to-do-list might mean reneging on some other activity or giving up some down time. So while following a routine might feel robotic sometimes, in the long run, you’ll be glad to have followed one for an easier time overall.