Pests can invade your Sharjah home at any time during the year. Whether you’ve moved into a new house or are in the process of doing so, you need to follow some steps to keep your home pest-free. The pest control experts at ServiceMarket have put together the following handy guide to help you avoid pests.
Before You Buy
Buying an infestation-free house is always better than getting saddled with a pest-riddled property. So, pest control for your new house starts even before you have bought the house. This check is very important because common pests in Sharjah include cockroaches, bed bugs, termites, rats and ants, and it can be challenging to completely eradicate an infestation. Furthermore, some of these pests can cause very serious damage to the property, resulting in financial loss.
Before You Move In
You have successfully navigated the nerve-racking process of finding and buying a home. Now, the only thing on your agenda should be to ensure that your time spent in the new place is hassle-free. For this, you need to utilize the time before you move in very strategically.
You were very careful during the whole process of home hunting, but at times a pest infestation is in the very early stages and you might not be able to pick up the signs during a visit. So there is always a chance that the home you have just bought might have a pest infestation. It’s recommended that you should use a move-in pest control service in Sharjah, to inspect and tackle any existing infestations. You should also clean your new home thoroughly to avoid pests.
After You Move In
If you have followed the preceding two steps, chances are that you have moved in to a pest-free house. Now it is your task as a homeowner to keep it pest-free. Pest-proofing your home can seem like a daunting task, but in reality you just need to follow some simple tips:
- Pests come into your home because they are looking for food. So keep all areas where you prepare and eat food clean and crumb-free.
- Make sure there are no holes, cracks or openings through which pests can have easy access to your home. If you find any, be sure to hire a handyman to seal them.
- In the pantry, keep opened food products above ground level in airtight containers.
- Line your bins with trash bags and don’t let them accumulate and overflow with trash.
- Keep a lid on your kitchen trash bin at all times.
- Do not leave dirty dishes out overnight.
- Give your house a thorough clean regularly.
- High moisture content in the house can attract pests so keep you rooms ventilated, especially the bathrooms.
- Consider signing up for an annual pest control contact.
You can find the best pest control services in Sharjah on ServiceMarket, which only features, licensed companies.