Got a bedbug problem? The first thing you need to do is understand what to look for in a pest control service. After researching and asking the right questions, you can hire one to come in and treat your home to eliminate the bedbugs. Most pest control companies in Dubai will tell you that the most common pests found in Dubai homes are dust mites and bed bugs so have no fear! These professionals have just what it takes to terminate the problem once and for all. You only need to prepare for the visit of the pest control company you hired and they will take care of everything else. Here are some tips by ServiceMarket on how to get your home ready for treatment.
How To Prepare For The Bedbug Treatment
- Move your furniture away from walls, that’s where some bedbugs can approach from – if they are too heavy, you can wait for the professionals to help you out. It’s best to leave space between furniture and the walls to give the professionals space to inspect everything.
- Even if you think it would help, don’t move items, furniture, or clothing outside your home. They could be infested and you would just be spreading the problem around, as bedbugs move quickly and in flocks.
- If there was ever a time for decluttering, this is it. Throw away anything you don’t need because that gives the experts a better chance at catching bugs and insects roaming around.
- If you want to get started on washing your items, make sure it’s done in hot water. All clothing, bedding, pillow cases, sheets, robes, stuffed animals, and towels need to be washed in hot water and then dried on the hottest setting available (without damaging the items).
- Most importantly, keep your children’s toys and possessions tied up in plastic bags before the treatment – if they can’t be washed and dried, leave them in the bags until the pest control company arrives.
- After everything is washed and dried, place them in plastic bags and keep them away from other unwashed items in your home. You want to be sure the treatment worked before taking the clean stuff out.
- Take a close look at items that can’t be washed, like books and electrical products. You might be able to catch glimpses if they are infested and you can set them out for the professional pest control experts in Dubai to take care of them.
There’s no way around it: at least once a year, you’ll find yourself looking for a pest control service in Dubai. It’s never an easy process when it comes to removing bugs, insects, and pests from your home. Which is why the smart thing to do is get ahead of the problem. Before an issue gets too big to handle, hire experts to come check in on your home every once in a while to let you know if you have an intense bug situation that needs fixing.