Summer is just around the corner in Dubai, which means it is time to get your home ready for all the changes that accompany the season. Summer time often means extra pests and bugs running around your yard and inside your Dubai home, so it is important to take some preventive measures to stay pest free this summer. Did you know ants are one of the most common pests found in Dubai? ServiceMarket brings you some helpful pest control tips and tricks. Follow these simple steps to make sure your home stays ant free this season:
- The first thing you need to do to keep pests out of your home is to understand the type of pests that can invade your Dubai home. If ants is the problem, read up about them and understand what is causing their presence in your home. We also have a list of ant facts here.
- The next thing you need to do is seal off any openings in the walls of your home or near windows using caulk. It is relatively easy using caulk to seal any openings in the home. However, if you find yourself too busy for the process you can always book an appointment with a handyman in Dubai who can do the job for you.
- Clean, clean, and clean! The number one rule for pest control is keeping your Dubai home as clean as possible. This means no eating outside the kitchen or dining room, no crumbs left on the floor or counters, and no sticky popsicle sticks laying around the backyard. You would be surprised how quickly thousands of ants will pile up on a little bit of unattended sugar.
- On top of cleaning up after yourself when you finish eating, you will also need to store any garbage left after your meal in a closed container. It would be a good idea to purchase trash cans with lids to seal off the food waste so that no insects can get into the bin. You should also take out your garbage as often as possible.
- Using some home remedies to deter insects from your house is also a great idea. Most insects are deterred by the zest or smell of oranges. You can sprinkle orange peel around the home’s exterior and on window sills to prevent bugs from entering the home.
- If you already have an ant problem emerging in your home, you can try benefiting from used coffee grounds to kill off the insects by sprinkling the grounds on them.
Pest control in Dubai can be a bit of a challenge if you don’t keep up with constantly cleaning both inside and outside the home. If you find that you have lost control of the issue and there is already an ant problem in your home, you need to get professional help for it. You can easily book pest control services in Dubai on ServiceMarket.