Looking for effective ways to make sure you don’t have any encounters with pests after moving to your new home in Dubai? After all, not only do common pests like cockroaches, ants, bed bugs, rodents, and termites cause damage to your home and belongings, but they can also spread a lot of diseases and trigger allergies. The easiest and surest step to keep pests away from your home is to book the right pest control services in Dubai. Depending on your needs, you can either opt for general pest control or treatments for specific pests. This guide by ServiceMarket will help you understand how much these pest control services cost in Dubai.
Factors that determine the cost of a pest control service:
- Size of your house: Since spot treatments are not very effective, the pest control services in Dubai you book through ServiceMarket will cover your whole house. This means that the bigger your house, the higher the cost of pest control will be.
- Type of pest control service: General/move-in pest control services are more expensive compared to those for special pests like cockroaches, bed bugs, and ants, as they tackle many types of pests at the same time. Pest control companies send specialized quotations for other types of infestations.
- What to look for in a quote: If you need a pest control treatment for termites, rodents, wasps, snakes, and spiders, then instead of giving you a flat hourly rate, the pest control company will send you a quote. Be sure to request free quotes for multiple companies as comparison shopping can help you save money as well as find the most suitable service. You should find out what treatment methods and chemicals will be used and how long it will take to complete the job. Another thing you should look for is that guarantee period that comes with the treatment and whether a follow up treatment will be provided for free if you face the infestation again during this time. Make sure that the pest control company is licensed and uses safe and government-approved chemicals.
- Type of treatment: In some cases, multiple types of pest control treatment methods may be available to tackle the infestation. So, the cost can also depend on the type of treatment used by the pest control company.
- Number of treatments: Let’s face it: pests can be evasive and resilient. This means that sometimes follow up or multiple pest control sessions may be required to fully eliminate the infestation you’re facing. Pest control companies may also take this factor into account when calculating the cost of their service.
- Level of pest infestation: In some cases, pest control services inspect the pest infestation before sharing an estimate of the cost with you. For example, in case you are facing a termite infestation in an area or multiple areas of your house, the pest control company in Dubai may share a quote with you after assessing the extent of infestation and estimating the cost of treatment.
General/move-in pest control: This service is ideal for you if you’re moving to a new home in Dubai and want to ensure it’s pest-free or need a pest control service that treats several pests at the same time. Preventative pest control treatments can help you avoid many types of infestations. It costs more than treatments for specific pests. Depending on the size of your house, you can expect to pay:
- Studio: AED 199 + VAT
- One-bedroom apartment: AED 229 + VAT
- Two-bedroom apartment: AED 249 + VAT
- Three-bedroom apartment: AED 279 + VAT
- Four-bedroom apartment: AED 299 + VAT
- Five-bedroom apartment: AED 349 + VAT
- One-bedroom villa: AED 279 + VAT
- Two-bedroom villa: AED 299 + VAT
- Three-bedroom villa: AED 349 + VAT
- Four-bedroom villa: AED 399 + VAT
- Five-bedroom villa: AED 449 + VAT
Cockroaches, bed bugs, and ants: Spotted an ant hill in your garden? Are bed bugs keeping you awake? Have cockroaches invaded your kitchen? A professional pest control service can help you get rid of resilient and elusive pests quickly in a safe and efficient way. If you book a treatment for specific pests like cockroaches, bed bugs, and ants, the cost will be lower compared to general pest control and depends on the size of your house:
- Studio: AED 149 + VAT
- One-bedroom apartment: AED 179 + VAT
- Two-bedroom apartment: AED 199 + VAT
- Three-bedroom apartment: AED 229 + VAT
- Four-bedroom apartment: AED 249 + VAT
- Five-bedroom apartment: AED 299 + VAT
- One-bedroom villa: AED 229 + VAT
- Two-bedroom villa: AED 249 + VAT
- Three-bedroom villa: AED 299 + VAT
- Four-bedroom villa: AED 349 + VAT
- Five-bedroom villa: AED 399 + VAT
Rodents and termites: These pests can damage the structure of your home as well as furniture. Did you know that rats and mice can even cause fires by chewing electrical wires? If you are facing one of these pest infestations, you can get rid of the pests by requesting and comparing quotes from multiple pest control companies in Dubai.
How long does it take to carry out a pest control treatment?
It depends on the type of pest control service as well as the size of your house. Typically, a general or move-in pest control treatment can be completed in under an hour. On the other hand, treatments for specific pets like termites may take much longer.
How often do you need pest control in Dubai?
It goes without saying that you would need to book a move-in pest control service whenever you move homes to avoid unwanted guests like cockroaches, bed bugs, and ants. You should also book preventive pest control in Dubai periodically even if you’re not moving or facing any pest infestations. After all, prevention is better than cure. It’s recommended that a preventive pest control treatment should be booked at least once every year with a follow-up treatment a couple of months later.
ServiceMarket only partners with licensed pest control companies to ensure that the treatments are safe and effective. What’s more, they will use Ministry-approved chemicals.
You should give the pest control treatment two weeks to take full effect.