Having a full-time maid in Dubai is not a new concept. It is often that busy families living in Dubai require a full-time maid to help them keep up with all their domestic needs throughout the week when they are busy with other obligations. At the end of the day, whether you choose to hire a full time or part time maid in your Dubai home, should be based on your own family’s needs and circumstances. To help make your decision easier, ServiceMarket brings you some financial pros and cons of having a full-time vs part time maid in Dubai.
Full-Time Maid in Dubai: Pros and Cons
- Having a full-time maid in your home in Dubai means you will have more time for yourself. You do not need to worry about cleaning the house after a long day at work or doing any daily chores at all for that matter. You can relax and enjoy your day with your family or take care of other responsibilities instead of worrying about cleaning. If you value your time, having a full-time maid can be a great time saver!
- An added perk of having a full-time maid in your home is having some short-term child care which can save you quite a bit of money. While a full-time maid is not a nanny or a babysitter, she might be willing to look after your children while you run errands or if they come home from school before you return from work.
- If you entertain a lot of guests in your Dubai home, having a full-time maid may actually be essential. Having large parties of people entering your home and entertaining them is a lot of work and requires a lot of preparation before hand and cleaning afterwards. Having a full-time maid in the home will help you enjoy your time and entertain your guests without the stress involved of having to hire or schedule a part-time maid for certain events.
- Depending on how much you charge for the work you do per hour, saving time for more work without the stress of doing household chores is valuable to say the least. You could use that time to check emails, write, do more freelance work or give time to your side hustle.
- While having a full-time maid in Dubai may be more convenient for your lifestyle, you should remember that convenience often comes with a cost. The first of which is the financial burden that you will face when you hire a full-time maid.
- Another thing you need to think about when you hire a full-time maid is the responsibility you carry with you. Having a full-time maid means you must sponsor your employee and are responsible for what they do in Dubai. This responsibility also comes with a financial cost as you would need to pay for different benefits.
- Privacy is also another issue you will face when you hire a full-time maid in your Dubai home. You are bringing in a stranger into you home when you are away from it and this person has access to everything you own. It is essential to keep this in mind especially if you have children. Furthermore, there may be a financial cost here if items are misplaced.
Part-Time Maid in Dubai: Pros and Cons
- It is much cheaper to have a part-time maid in your Dubai home as you will not be paying for things such as accommodations or flights for the employee.
- If you do not have a large family or are a single person living in Dubai, then having a part-time maid will be sufficient for your cleaning needs. The house will be cleaned on a regular basis and all you would have to do is some daily small daily chores. Financially, it also makes more sense as you would not be paying for daily services you won’t need.
- Having a part-time maid in Dubai is of less responsibility and less stress in terms of supplying the employee with benefits.
- You have a lot more privacy in your home when you have a part-time maid as there is always supervision when the maid is in your house and it is less likely that any items are misplaced or misused so there is no financial burden from that aspect.
- There will be no on-hand help with a part-time maid in Dubai. You will have to wait for things to be done when the maid’s next appointment is scheduled. Furthermore, part-time maids may be less reluctant to help with large parties which may require you to hire other staff for such events.
- Part-time maids may also be less reluctant to offer child care at any time.
- There is still a financial burden to hiring a part-time maid even if it is less than when hiring a full-time maid.
Before hiring a maid in Dubai, whether part-time or full-time, consider if you need the service and if you can afford it. Also, consider your family’s needs and if hiring will help them be comfortable as well. If you are looking for maid services in Dubai, get free quotes on ServiceMarket.