If you have a swimming pool in your Dubai home, then you know how difficult it is to maintain the cleanliness of the water continuously. Many people think that just running the filter will keep the water clean and sanitized, but that is simply not the case. There are several things you need to do regularly to keep your pool hygienic. However, while there are many things you need to do to maintain a clean pool, there are also several things that you should not be doing. Some things, for example, need to be left to a professional swimming pool cleaner in Dubai purely due to safety concerns. ServiceMarket brings you some dos and don’ts to help you maintain your pool.
The Dos of Swimming Pool Cleaning
- Clean regularly! Set up a cleaning schedule for the tasks that you can do yourself.
- Cover your swimming pool when it is not being used especially in the daytime as this will protect it from the accumulation of debris. Covering your pool during the daytime also helps save the chlorine in your pool from UV rays and keep it effective for longer.
- Regularly check for any problems with your pool equipment to stay on top of issues before they get bigger.
- Test your pool’s pH value regularly to ensure that it is at an optimum level.
- Skim your pool often to remove any leaves or other debris that might have fallen in the water.
- Test chlorine levels in your pool to make sure they are not too high or low.
- Clean your pool deck.
- Scrub the stairs, walls, and floor of your pool to prevent grime build up.
- Vacuum your pool twice a week when it is being used regularly.
- Use baking soda to control pH levels in your pool.
The Don’ts of Swimming Pool Cleaning
- Do not ever try to fix electrical pool equipment on your own as it can be very dangerous.
- Don’t shock your pool during the day. The shock chemical is just concentrated chlorine. If you introduce chlorine into your pool during the daytime, the UV rays from the sun will burn off the chlorine, and it will have no effect on the quality of the water.
- Do not turn off your pool filter all day. Your filter needs to run at least eight hours a day to maintain a clean pool.
- Do not wear regular clothes in your pool. Wearing street clothes in your pool water will contaminate it with whatever germs and bacteria you brought back from your day out.
- Don’t let your pets in the pool unless you bathe them regularly and they are properly trained. For maximum pool cleanliness, keep it strictly for human use.
- Don’t let the pool water’s pH balance get above 8.0. In fact, it should ideally be around 7.0 or 7.5. Any more than that and the chlorine will be significantly less active. The inactivity of chlorine at higher pH levels cannot be counteracted by adding more chlorine.
Although these dos and don’ts are beneficial for regular maintenance of your pool. For major cleaning sessions and electrical repairs you should stick to hiring a professional. A professional pool cleaner will make sure that all your pool’s electric and chemical problems are taken care of. To find the best pool cleaning companies in Dubai, visit ServiceMarket to get free quotes from reputable companies.