The Burj Khalifa was completed in 2010, after six years of construction. While some facts like it being the tallest tower in the world have become common knowledge, here are 10 interesting facts you probably didn’t know about Burj Khalifa:
1. You can watch the sunset twice from Burj Khalifa. Yes, you read it right. Watch it once from the ground level and then take a lift to the top floor to watch it again!
2. The tower can accommodate 35,000 people. Everyone in your neighbourhood could properly fit in it at the same time!
3. Those of us who’ve seen its dazzling shine know that it’s covered with glass on all sides. Since there are 24,000 reflective windows in Burj Khalifa, which cover a total area of 120,000 sq metres, you’d need at least the same number of curtains to cover all windows!
Pro Tip: The easiest way to prevent a building from heating up and to save money on your AC electricity costs is to use curtain designs that can block sunlight. If you need curtains or blinds for your own home, you can use ServiceMarket to find vetted companies that specialize in tailor made curtains in Dubai.
4. It took around 22 million man-hours to build the 160-story skyscraper.
5. It takes 36 window cleaners three months to clean all of these windows! Sounds like a daunting task? It sure is!
Pro Tip: If you haven’t cleaned your own windows in a while, you can find professional Dubai cleaners listed on ServiceMarket.
6. Don’t like to take the stairs? Imagine running up or down Burj Khalifa’s 120 flights of stairs! Don’t worry! You never have to do this as it’s elevator system can be used for evacuations in cases of emergency.
7. With a weight of half a million tonnes when it’s empty, it weighs more than 100,000 elephants.
8. The Burj Khalifa also has the world’s highest restaurant, observation deck and nightclub.
9. The building uses around 250,000 gallons of water every day.
10. With over 1.5 million hashtagged posts, BurjKhalifa is the most Instagrammed building in Dubai.
Struggling to find time to visit Burj Khalifa? Book home services using ServiceMarket and make time for sightseeing in Dubai! Here are 5 home services you probably didn’t know ServiceMarket can do for you.