Many of us are struggling to shortlist resolutions to transform our lifestyle. However, there is no point in making resolutions that can’t be achieved. A lot of people just keep postponing their resolutions to next year because they are too ambitious. To help you make your life better with new year’s resolutions that can actually be kept, ServiceMarket has put together the following list:
- Adopt a healthy diet: If you have resolved to stop eating junk food and improve your health by eating better food, then start by sorting through your kitchen to remove all junk food immediately. Donate this food to the needy and empty your fridge to stock it up with healthy food. If you plan out your meals in advance, you are less likely to revert back to junk food. Make a food plan for the next two weeks and stick this up on your fridge. Make a shopping list of all the food items you need and don’t buy anything that is not on the list when you go grocery shopping. Make sure to add in some healthy snacks such as nuts and fruit for moments where you feel particularly peckish.
- New Year Tip: Keep it simple. If you make your food plan too adventurous, you’re less likely to stick to it! Include easy meals that can be cooked up within 30 mins. If time is an issue for you, then put aside a few hours on the weekend to make meals that can be frozen or kept for the week ahead.
- Exercise to lose weight or stay fit: This resolution goes hand in hand with the first one and is one of the most common New Year’s resolutions! Whether you plan to lose weight or want a six pack, you will have to commit to exercise regularly throughout the year. You can join a gym, learn to swim or prepare for a marathon. Just pick an exercise that suits your lifestyle and passion.
- New Year Tip: The trick to achieving this resolution is routine! Make a plan in advance to exercise for a set number of hours a week, and then fix these into your diary. If motivation is a concern, then get an exercise partner to do this with – if you make your exercise routine a fun social experience you’re less likely to skip it! You could also join an exercise class to meet new people and make new skills as you achieve your fitness goals.
- Renovate your home: You’d be surprised by how easy it is to transform your home – and the difference that this can make to your mood and energy levels. Some simple renovations like painting your home can give your home a completely new ambiance. Adding the right curtains and blinds to your rooms can also make a big difference.
- Declutter your home: Decluttering your home can leave your mind more focused and peaceful, and getting your home decluttered is easier than you think. Here are 10 easy ways to declutter your home. You can also get in touch with a cleaning company for an extra pair of hands to help you clean your home. If you are looking for a resolution that can be easily achieved, then you should definitely pick this one.
- New Year Tip: If your home is very cluttered, or if you have limited time, then do this in stages. Create a checklist and set aside a couple of hours whenever you have time to tick of tasks from your list. Once your home is clutter-free take a few minutes a day to keep it this way – don’t let things accumulate. Or, book a regular cleaning schedule with a professional cleaner from ServiceMarket here. You can use the promo code NY40 to get AED 40 off your first clean!
- Take up gardening: Gardening is a wonderful hobby that helps you relax in a natural environment and also improves the ambiance of your home! Look online for some gardening ideas, and draw out a rough plan of what you want your garden to look like. If you feel like this could be a bit overwhelming to do alone, you could hire a gardening company to help you revamp your garden with new landscaping features. Be sure to read our guide on how to hire a gardener in Dubai.
- New Year Tip: Head down to Warsan Garden Center (near Dragon Mart) for some bargain plants and soil! Make sure to do some research ahead of time to understand which plants are best suited to Dubai’s climate.
Need help with achieving some of your resolutions like giving your home a new vibe or creating a perfect garden? ServiceMarket can help! You can compare companies, get free quotes and book a wide variety of services with a few simple clicks.