The one thing that every person on the face of this earth is now familiar with is the coronavirus. The only way to combat it is to follow the rules and regulations set by the Dubai government religiously and to get it diagnosed early through PCR testing.
Whether you have been a victim to it or not, there’s no way that you will not be aware of the spiky virus haunting our lives since 2020, when it first came to the UAE.
What is the coronavirus?
As reported by NewScientist, the microscopic vision of the coronavirus shows it to be spherical, covered with a ‘corona’ of club-shaped spikes.
The word ‘corona’ literally means crown and there are no second thoughts in the fact that this virus is quite literally ruling over the entire world. Everything that we do now revolves around it. All our activities are centered around this virus as we struggle to save our lives from this plague.
How to prevent yourself from COVID-19?
In the pursuit of protecting ourselves from the deadly virus, several preventative measures have been suggested by various health-related organizations and forums. According to WHO, some of the basic things that you should do in order to prevent yourself from getting COVID-19 positive include:
- Social distancing
- Wearing a mask when outside
- Keeping enclosed spaces ventilated
- Avoiding large gatherings
- Coughing into a tissue or a bent elbow
- Sanitizing your hands frequently
However, no matter how many lockdowns you witness and the number of inhibitions you have in terms of going out, you cannot stay inside and aloof from the outside world forever. Life still has to go on and you will still have to go out in the open at some point in time. Therefore, when stepping outside to run your errands, there are several things that you should be mindful of.
- While going out for groceries or other chores, firstly, you should wear a mask and always have a sanitizer in handy.
- Then you should try going outside of peak hours and always keep a safe distance of at least a meter from others.
- You should also make a list of all the items needed as that would shorten the span of your trip which is highly necessary in these uncertain times. The lesser time you are outside for, the lesser risk there is of you getting infected by the virus.
No matter how many precautions you take, there is no certainty that you can never be a victim of COVID-19. Therefore, if any of your family members or even you yourself ever fall prey to it there are a few measures that you are required to take.
- Firstly, you should immediately isolate the patient in a well-ventilated room or a separate space.
- Secondly, there should only be one person that confronts the patient when he/she needs something. Furthermore, that person should maintain a safe distance from others at home.
- You should use separate utensils for the person who is sick.
- Lastly, you should make sure that he/she is properly taken care of. You should keep a tab of his/her symptoms on a regular basis, especially when he/she is at high risk and also ensure that he/she rests and stays hydrated at all times.
Nevertheless, if a patient shows any serious symptoms like chest pain, loss of speech or mobility or finds difficulty in breathing then getting professional healthcare assistance is highly pertinent.
All in all, along with following all the basic precautions, as reiterated by WHO, one should also avoid the 3Cs which correspond to spaces that are closed, crowded and involve close contact with others. The earlier you adopt the preventative measures mentioned above, the more efficiently we will be able to combat this deadly virus as a whole and get our routine lives back.
If you have any doubt even after following all precautions, you can easily book the at home PCR test service from ServiceMarket. Our professional team will visit your home in no time and conduct the test in the safety of your home, without you having to come in contact with a potential Corona positive person.