Living in Dubai, you may find these tiny, dark brown creatures scurrying along the edge of the wall at home or at work, especially during the night when they emerge from the crevices they are usually hiding in throughout the day. Say hello to the German cockroach, which is the most common species of cockroaches in Dubai. You are most likely to find them in the kitchen, since they are particularly fond of greasy, starchy and sugary food items, in addition to meat. However, they will make themselves completely at home and roam around freely in your rooms.
Although these pests can survive in various environmental conditions, they thrive exceptionally in warmer climates, which is why pest control in Dubai becomes a matter of prime concern for its residents. However, cockroach infestations can easily be prevented or controlled by following these few tips:
- Don’t welcome them in! Try to seal any possible entry points that you can find, such as pipes and tiny gaps under the doors to make sure that they don’t enter your house or office in the first place.
- Push them out. Fill up any crevices you see, which can potentially appeal to cockroaches as their hiding place.
- Cover up food. Don’t leave food lying around – cover food with plastic wrap, seal it in plastic bags or store it in containers.
- If you drop any food or drink on the floor, clear it up immediately, lest it attracts this pest. Furthermore, brush away food crumbs from under cookers, fridges and counters.
- Don’t be lazy – do the dishes as soon as you can. Don’t leave used cutlery or tableware as it is, and rinse away the food even if you don’t feel like washing it there and then.
- Cover any bins that contain compost or refuse.
- Don’t leave buckets or sinks filled with liquids overnight – you don’t want these roaches having a quick swim in water might be coming in contact with your skin, since this can cause eczema.
- If you have any pets in the house, clear out their litter boxes, water and food trays before going to bed, since they will also attract cockroaches.
If you feel that the aforementioned measures are not working for you, it is best to hire a professional pest control company. We can connect you with experienced and qualified Dubai based pest control providers, who can help you eliminate these filthy pests from your living space.