Are you moving to a new home and need to get your previous one painted to get the full security deposit back from your landlord? Is the paint peeling off or looking dirty? Renovating your home and planning to ask your painters in Dubai to give it new colours? You must be wondering how much it costs. The experts at ServiceMarket, the UAE’s leading online marketplace for painting services in Dubai, have put together this guide to help you understand the rates of different painting options.
What do painting services in Dubai include?
- As part of the service, the walls will be wiped down to make them dust-free
- The painters in Dubai will smooth out all cracks in the walls.
- All holes will be sealed
- Two coats of paint will be applied to the walls.
Factors that determine the cost of painting:
The cost of getting your home painted in Dubai depends on the following factors:
- Labour: Not only is the cost of painting services determined by the number of painters required, but it also depends on how many days it will take to complete the job.
- Equipment and transportation: Other things that need to be taken into account include equipment and tools like ladders and paint brushes, materials, wall primer, paint pails, as well as the cost of transportation.
- The cost of the paint: It depends on the brand. The prices quoted above include the cost of white or off-white paint. The painting services we feature use high quality paints like Dulux or Jotun. If you have a specific color besides white or off-white in mind, it can be added to your request as well. However, if you need to get one or two walls painted in a different colour, then the cost of buying that paint as well as a small transportation charge of AED 25 to bring that paint to your house will be added to your bill. In case you want to buy the paint yourself, a customized price will be shared with you.
- Number of coats: Another factor that affects the cost of painting services is the number of coats of paint required for the job. The more the coats, the more paint will be used, and the higher the cost will be. As a standard, two coats of paint will be applied to your walls if you book a painting service through ServiceMarket.
How long does it take to paint a house?
The time required to paint a house depends on several factors. It goes without saying that the bigger your house, the longer it will take to complete the job. If you also need to get the ceilings painted, then it will take more time. The condition of your house also matters because if your walls have a lot of holes or rough areas or if there’s dampness or damage due to water leakage, then those issues will have to be resolved as well. Painting companies also take steps to protect your furniture during the process if your home is furnished. In case you need to change the colour from a darker to lighter shade, then it will take more coats of paint, and as a result, more time. An empty one-bedroom apartment can usually be painted in a day.
The cost of move-out painting
If you live in a rented house and are moving to another one, then your tenancy contract may require you to restore the house to its original condition. This means that to get your full security deposit back from the landlord, you might have to repaint your old home. The cost to do so depends on the size of the house:
- You can get a studio apartment painted back to white or off-white for as little as AED 550
- For a one-bedroom apartment, you can expect to pay between AED 750 and AED 850
- If you want to get your ceilings painted as well, then there will be an additional charge of AED 125+ per ceiling
The cost of painting just one or two walls
You also have the option to just get a few of the walls in your house painted. It will typically cost you:
- AED 300 + VAT for one wall
- AED 450 + VAT for two walls
- AED 600 + VAT for three walls
- AED 750 + VAT for four walls
For custom prices, inform your painting company in Dubai about the number of walls that need to be painted, the size of each wall, and if you want them to bring the paint as part of the service.
The cost of painting just a few rooms
If only a few of the rooms in your home need to be painted, then you can expect to pay around AED 450 for each room. However, the exact cost would depend on the size of the room and if you want the painters to bring the paint.
How often will you need painting services in Dubai?
First, it depends on the quality of the paint and the painting service you used the last time you got your home painted. Second, Dubai’s humid weather can affect paint, so you may need a painting service whenever you notice damage due to humidity. Painters in Dubai recommend that you should get your home painted at least every two years to make sure it keeps looking fresh.
Painting services require a DEWA connection
Many Dubai residents who are moving to a new home disconnect their DEWA connection before booking a move-out painting service. However, a DEWA connection is needed by painting services in Dubai to carry out their work. Make sure there’s water and electricity supply for your painting company.
Be sure to inform your painting companies in Dubai if you have kids, are sensitive to the smell of paint, or have allergies. You should also consider getting in touch with the painting company as soon as possible to book your desired dates. ServiceMarket only features vetted and licensed painting service in Dubai to make the process easier and hassle-free for you.