Planning to move homes in Dubai soon and wondering how much it will cost? Your moving cost will depend on the size of your belongings as well as many other factors. The experts at ServiceMarket have put together this guide to help you understand the expenses involved in the process of moving and how movers and packers in Dubai determine the cost.
Typical cost of moving
The cost of moving to another home within Dubai typically ranges from:
- Studio apartment: AED 800 – 1000
- One-bedroom apartment: AED 1100 – 1500
- Two-bedroom apartment: AED 1800 – 2,400
- Three-bedroom villa: AED 4,000 – 5,000
You should consider requesting quotes from movers in Dubai to get an accurate estimate. They come to your home to survey your belongings and then provide you with a quote accordingly. Keep in mind that besides the size of your furniture and other belongings, movers may take the following factors into account when calculating the cost of moving:
- The distance to your new home
- The cost of moving to another Emirate is higher than that of relocating within Dubai
- The service levels provided by your moving company
- You can expect a lower cost if you’re moving within the same building
- There may be extra charges if your movers and packers need to climb stairs or use special packing materials
How to cut down your moving cost
The bigger the size of your furniture and other belongings, the more you can expect to pay for moving services. So, you should try to declutter and consider donating, selling, or getting rid of all the things you don’t need anymore. Doing so can help you cut down the cost significantly. Another way to save money when moving is to request and compare quotes from multiple moving companies in Dubai.
Other expenses you should keep in mind
- Transferring utilities and telecom connections: To transfer your DEWA connection to your new home, you will have to pay an administrative fee of AED 120, and for the telecom connection there’s a fee of AED 100.
- Move-out painting services: You may need to repaint and repair your old home to return it to its original condition so that you can get the full security deposit back from your landlord. If you get a one-bedroom apartment repainted back to while or off-white, the cost will be around AED 750 – 850.
- Move-in pest control, sanitization, and handyman services: To make your new home comfortable, safe, and hygienic, you may also want to book some additional home services. For example, to avoid encounters with common pests like cockroaches, ants, and bed bugs you can book a move-in pest control service, which costs AED 299 for a two-bedroom apartment. Sanitization services for a studio apartment cost as low as AED 299. You will also need help with a variety of tasks such as TV mounting, changing light bulbs, hanging curtains and installing shelves. For these tasks, you can book move-in handyman services for just AED 150 per hour.
ServiceMarket only features vetted and licensed movers and packers in Dubai. What’s more, you can compare quotes, read customer reviews, and check accreditations online to make an informed decision.