Due to the hot weather in Dubai, we all experience pest invasion in our homes from time to time, but luckily for us this can be easily taken care of by the pro’s! To help, we’ve put together an infographic of the 8 most common pests in Dubai that outlines what the best treatments are and how much they cost. The prices mentioned below and in the infographic are based on average prices seen for one bedroom apartments and only include one treatment. If you have a pest problem, just let us know and we’ll help you get accurate quotes from pest control companies in Dubai right away!
Click the image below to enlarge
Click the image above to enlarge
- Dust Mites – These are barely visible to the eye and are a common cause of asthma and allergic reactions. Dust mites can be found in both villas and apartments, and the recommended effective treatments include UV light exposure, steam cleaning and vacuuming. Treatment price: AED 300 – AED 1000; Number of treatments required: Twice a year
- Bed bugs – These can be found in both villas and apartments, and are known to prefer warm houses especially in beds and beddings. They feed on human blood especially at night and their bites result to skin rashes and allergic reactions. Wondering how to get rid of bed bugs? They can be eliminated by using chemical treatments, heat treatments as well as vacuuming. Treatment price: AED 250 – AED 800; Number of bed bug treatments required: Two treatments (minimum)
- Cockroaches – Cockroaches love dark untidy places and they will inhabit apartments as well as villas. Although killing cockroaches is moderately effective, the recommended treatments include gel baits, chemicals and cleanliness. Consistently keeping a clean well-lit home is the best route in shaking off these invaders. Cockroach control price: AED 250 – AED 400; Number of treatments required: Two treatments (minimum)
- Ants – Ants in Dubai are mostly found in gardens and thus the chances of finding them in an apartment is low; they are much more likely to be found in a villa with a garden. They are mostly found in large numbers otherwise referred as colonies and they can be killed using ant baits and insecticides. Treatment price: AED 250 – AED 400; Number of treatments required: Two treatments
- Spiders – While not all are dangerous, some spider bites can be poisonous and should be avoided by all means. They are rarely found in apartments but they can be found in villas and they require spider repellents and insecticides to effectively control them. Treatment price: AED 250 – AED 500; Number of treatments required: 1 – 2 treatments
- Rodents – Rats running around the home can be terrifying and if by any chance they die in a corner in the home, the smell can be extremely hideous. They tend to thrive in untidy environments and while they do not favour apartments much, they are more likely to be found in villas. Rodent control treatments include the use of either rat traps, poison or pest disinfection. Treatment price: AED 400 – AED 800; Number of treatments required: Two treatments
- Lizards – They scour walls and are especially scary to kids. They are less likely to be found in apartments, but it will not be surprising to find them in a villa. One dose of lizard repellant is sufficient to get rid of them. Treatment price: AED 400 – AED 800; Number of treatments required: One treatment
- Snakes – While the chances of being found inside a home are highly unlikely, there is still a chance considering that the warm weather is favourable for snakes. The most effective process of killing a snake is by use of a snake trap. Treatment price: AED 400 – AED 800; Number of treatments required: One treatment
We highly recommend regular pest control treatments to minimize the chance of unwanted guests showing up in your home. You don’t even have to worry about it being a long process to arrange something – we can help you right away! All you need to do is tell us a little bit about your pest problem and select three professional pest control companies in Dubai to receive quotes from. It’ll take less than a minute!