Are you planning on moving from Dubai to India? ServiceMarket recommends you read this checklist before doing so. There are so many factors to consider before hiring international movers and packers in Dubai, especially if you’re moving to a place that you’ve never been to and are completely unfamiliar with. Have no fear, everything you need before making this move can be found below, and also on several of ServiceMarket’s guides that discuss moving trends and the cost of moving from the UAE.
First Things First
You’ve just decided you’re moving to India from Dubai. Besides the reason for the move, maybe it’s a new job, a better education, or being closer to family, your job now is to ensure a seamless and smooth move that won’t disrupt your life in the long-term.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you moving temporarily or permanently?
- Are you getting relocation help from your employer?
- What is your relocation budget?
- Who do you need to inform about your relocation?
- Have you met anyone from India that can help you make some decisions?
- What services do you need from a professional relocation service in Dubai?
- How long do you have before you must move?
- Do you have the necessary paperwork to move to India?
- What do you really need to take with you to India?
- Do you have to sell your car in Dubai?
- Where can you sell or store your belongings before your move?
- Do you know of any international moving companies in Dubai?
- Do you need a permit for moving your belongings from your building?
Next, go through the items of this checklist to get you started on the moving process:
- Finding accommodation is hard anywhere in the world and you don’t want to rush into any decisions. Book your flight and a room at a hotel or rent a temporary place for a few weeks till you get a chance to explore the city you’re moving to and to find a suitable neighborhood. If you have kids, make sure you’re choosing a child-friendly area with schools, playgrounds, and nurseries. Another way to go about this is to visit the city you are moving a few weeks in advance of your relocation and search for a place.
- It isn’t recommended that you ship your car from Dubai to India as India charges very high duties. So sell your car in Dubai and research a car available in India that will suit your lifestyle.There are plenty of websites that sell second hand cars that could fit into any budget. Once you have a car to take you around, you’ll feel more comfortable and in control to tackle any errand or chore you have to complete.
- Search for the best international movers in Dubai to help you move your items to your new home in India. ServiceMarket partners with licensed and FIDI accredited international movers so it is a good place to start getting quotes for your move.
- Make a folder, both physical and digital, to compile all the documents, visas, and papers you need for the move from Dubai to India. Keep your passports in one place, preferably in a safe or drawer with a lock. Get all those papers in order before you start the packing process so you don’t lose anything with the many boxes you’ll have in your home.
- Research phone and internet providers in India before you get there as it’s one of the first things you’ll need for planning and moving. Get a number of quotes and read up on customer reviews before you decide on a plan since it will probably be a long-term contract.
- If you’re switching jobs, you must notify your employer that you’ll be leaving. It takes a long time to secure another employee; so save your company some time and energy by giving them a good long notice so they can take the necessary steps to hire your replacement. There is a list of people and institutes, besides your employer, that you need to inform about your move.
- Pack away all the non-essential items you don’t think you’ll need before the move. Around 2 months before leaving, you can start packing all your photo albums, clothes that are not in season, and any accessories you don’t wear on a daily basis. This way, when the time comes to pack the major items you don’t have to worry about the small things getting in the way. You can also ask your international movers to help with packing.
- If you have to clean your home before vacating it, you’ll need to make arrangements for cleaners to come in and take care of everything before you leave. It is also a good idea to hire a handyman to patch up anything that needs repairing before you ask your landlord to come in for the inspection. Doing so will make it easier for you to get your full security deposit back.
Saying Your Goodbyes
Once you’ve hired the professional international movers for your move to India through ServiceMarket and sorted out your new job and home, all that’s left to do is say your goodbyes. It’s going to be hard to leave a comfortable routine in a place you’ve gotten to know, but a new adventure awaits! Give it some time and soon living in India will be just as comfortable as it was in Dubai.