A home is the one place you escape to and have some of the best moments alone or with family and friends. It definitely helps to raise the mood when you have a beautiful home and one of the key contributors is painting. There are several painting companies in Dubai that offer painting services but you should have an idea of what you are looking for, before you contract a service provider. Hiring an interior designer to help you with paint choices is one way to go but we sat down with a professional painting company, Yannco Technical Services, to get some tips on what we should ask ourselves before we call in the pro’s to do the job.
- How does lighting affect your choice of paint? Lighting is a key determinant in interior décor. You will realise that rooms with less natural lighting do better with brighter colours because they enhance the light and makes the room look brighter than it actually is. If you are the kind of person who prefers cool lighting, then you should understand that dark interior paint will make your home dull. More light is better for cool colours and less lights goes well with bright light.
- What are the colours of your furniture and interiors? It is definitely wise to go with paints that blend well with your furniture and interiors. This will ensure that you do not lose the balance and end up with an unattractive setting. Each paint colour should blend in with the other and with the entire components of the home.
- What is your personality or mood? People are different; choose something that makes you happy and contented. The most important thing about getting a new paint coat is whether you are satisfied with it and whether it feels right for you. This will be your home for a long time and it should be a comfortable place that you love being in.
- What are your colour combinations? Testing colour combinations is very important because it gives you an idea what the final product will look like. It is good to have a testing board that you can use to try paint options before you make the decision. Some people even tend to paint some part of the wall just to have the real feel of what they are looking for.
- Does the design of the home go with the paint choice? This is an important question because it helps you determine what paint to work with. For example, if the room is small, then dull paints would not work because it will make it look smaller and cramped. If the room has direct sunlight, the paint you choose may fade fast.
All these points are important but remember that the budget and quality of your paint job will affect most of the above decisions. For more information on pricing and the process of painting, contact our partner, Yannco Technical Services, and they will be able to outline all the costs and timeframes you should budget for. If you’re looking to get different quotes, just put in your painting request here, and get access to exclusive painting offers for your home.