Need help deciphering the quotes you’ve received from international movers in Dubai? Here are 3 sets of questions to help you fully understand your international moving quote.
So you’ve received three quotes from ServiceMarket for your international move. As always, the quotes from the movers vary, and you’re not sure why, and whether you’re comparing the same level of service from each mover. Here at ServiceMarket, we’ve helped over 500 customers get rates for their international moves, and here are 3 sets questions you need to ask your mover to fully understand your quote, and what it covers.
First of all, check the basics:
- Whats the volume estimated in the move?
- What type of delivery is included in the price? Door to Door (i.e. full service), or only Door to Port?
- Is the shipment going by Air, Sea or Land?
- Are your items going in a dedicated container just for your items? Or are you sharing the container with other customers (Groupage)?
- How long do they expect the shipment to take?
- Is insurance included? Check if the insurance is “Full Cover”, or only for “Total Loss” of your items. To understand the difference between the two types and gain some more understanding about insurance, you should check out our post explaining international moving insurance.
Second, ask them to give you a checklist of what is included/excluded in the price. International moving services should typically include:
- UAE customs export documents
- Normal customs clearance in the UAE
- UAE port and terminal handling charges (THC’s)
- Sea Freight charges up to destination port
- Destination Terminal Handling Charges (DTHC’s)
- Customs import documentation
- Normal customs clearance at destination
….and they typically exclude:
- Customs examination and detention charges
- Customs taxes or duties
- Quarantine or fumigation charges (common charges if you are moving to the USA or Australia)
- Storage or demurrage charges
Finally, ask them about the services they’ve included in the price, such as:
- Ability to track your shipment and coordination with the destination agent for clearance and delivery
- Delivery to your residence, unpacking and simple re-assembly at destination
- Handyman charges: e.g. curtain fixing, wall fittings, light fixing
It’s also worthwhile to get a better understanding of your mover. Check out our list of 5 things to watch out for when choosing a mover before you make a decision.
Leaving the UAE soon? Remember to get your international moving quotes from ServiceMarket. Our service is quick, easy and above all FREE OF CHARGE!