There are a number of reasons you may want to use a self-storage service in Dubai. For example, there might not be enough space in your home to store all of your possessions. People also require temporary storage while moving or renovating their home. Wondering how much self-storage costs in Dubai? The experts at ServiceMarket have prepared this guide to help you understand the approximate cost of self-storage in Dubai, whether you need a small locker or enough storage for the contents of a 4-bedroom house.
25 square foot unit:
- 1 to 1.2 cubic metres
- Fits up to 6 regular storage boxes
- The ideal size for smaller boxes, seasonal storage, books, documents, and luggage
- Cost: AED 300 to 400 per month
50 square foot unit:
- 9 to 16 cubic metres
- Fits up to 14 regular storage boxes
- The ideal size for the contents of a studio apartment
- Cost: AED 900 to 1400 per month
75 square foot unit:
- 15 to 18 cubic metres
- Fits up to 20 large storage boxes
- The ideal size for the furniture of a 1-bed home
- Cost: AED 1000 to 1450 per month
100 square foot unit:
- 20 to 30 cubic metres
- Fits up to 45 large storage boxes
- The ideal size for the contents of a 2-bed home
- Cost: AED 1000 to 2000 per month
120 square foot unit:
- 40 to 50 cubic metres
- Fits at least 75 large storage boxes
- The ideal size of the contents of a 3-bed home
- Cost: AED 1500 to 2800 per month
160 square foot unit:
- 90 to 100+ cubic metres
- Fits up to 100 large storage boxes
- The ideal size for the contents of a 4-bed home, or a medium-sized office
- Cost: upwards of AED 3000 per month
If these prices are a little out of what you are looking to spend, here are some tips to make getting storage in Dubai a little more affordable:
- Think about using shared storage – this can be at least AED 100 cheaper than self-storage.
- Choose a storage service that is out of the city. Since such storage facilities are less accessible compared to the ones in central locations, they often come with much lower rates.
- Try not to access your items too frequently because some storage services may actually charge you for accessing your belongings or having to deliver them to you.
- Get rid of unnecessary items so you can opt for the smallest possible unit – if there are things you are never going to need and don’t have an emotional attachment to, you should donate or sell them. It is best to be able to completely fill a smaller unit, than needing a bigger unit with a ton of extra space.
- Choose the right contract for you – rather than having to extend your contract every few months, if you think you are likely to need storage for up to a year, go for a long-term contract. Storage companies often give you special offers if you sign up for a longer-term contract.
If you are looking for self-storage services in Dubai, be sure to compare quotes through ServiceMarket, which only features vetted companies.