Creating a perfect home involves much more than just fixing a squeaky door hinge or a leaky faucet. You can enhance the ambiance of your home and make it feel more homely and personal by making a few simple changes. To help you improve your new home, ServiceMarket has prepared the following tips:
- Use painting services to completely change the look of your home: This is one of the easiest ways to completely revamp your home. If the walls in your home are dull or the paint is peeling off, you will immediately refresh the look of your rooms by adding a fresh coat of paint. You can even choose different colours to give each room a completely different vibe. You can find quotes for painting services on ServiceMarket. ServiceMarket has also recently launched an instant booking service for home painting, making painting your home easier than ever before.
- Wallpaper is making a comeback: If your not so keen on painting your walls, opt for wallpaper instead. Putting a statement wallpaper on even just one wall can have a massive impact. You can find a large variety of wallpaper options in Dragon Mart or alternatively you can contact a decorating company for some samples.
- Hire a carpenter: Whether you want to increase storage space in your home or build a bookshelf in your living room, you can hire a carpenter to help you to add wonderful custom features to your home. There is a well known saying that the kitchen is the heart of the home. That said, you could consider hiring a carpenter to makeover your kitchen by building custom cabinets. If you have a large kitchen, you could even add a small island table in the center of your kitchen for comfy family breakfasts.
- Leverage lighting to enhance your home’s ambiance: You can use a wide variety of lights, including lamps and chandeliers, to create an unique ambiance for each room. Adding candles and fairy lights to your rooms is also a simple and cheap way to create a classy and romantic ambiance. If you live in a house, use spotlights to light up your garden and the front of your house.
- Add some indoor plants: Even if you do not have a garden, adding plants and flowers around your home will immediately improve the atmosphere of your home. Go to a garden shop and find plants that are well suited for indoor living. If you have a balcony, you can take advantage of this space to grow a mini garden. You can even grow some vegetable and herb plants – a sure way to impress your friends on their next visit!
- Create a homely atmosphere with family photos and art: Hanging family photos on the wall will make your family feel right at home as soon as they step in though the front door. Paintings, sculptures and other ornaments can also help to create a more warm and inviting atmosphere. You can even turn this into an excuse to learn a new skill – head out to an art school in your area and create your own masterpiece to add to your home.
- Invest in a sound system and home theatre: This is a sure way to create some good times and good memories. Set up a sound system in your living room – there’s nothing like singing along to your all-time favourite music tracks to help you settle into your new home. A home theatre is ideal for families with children. Why not create a movie night at home; get some popcorn, drinks and blankets and choose a good movie to watch together.
- Revamp your garden: With the winter months approaching, now is the best time to work on your garden. Get in touch with one of the gardening companies in the UAE and ask them to send an experienced gardener to your home. You can come up with a new design for your garden and, depending on your budget, can consider features such as small waterfalls, patios, fountains, exotic and seasonal plants, garden lights, flowers and artificial ponds. You can even add in a barbeque – perfect for those winter get-togethers.
Renovating your home can be overwhelming, especially while you are settling in. You can read reviews and easily compare competitive quotes from reputable companies on ServiceMarket.