Whether you want to send money back home to your family or need to transfer funds overseas, there are now multiple ways to transfer money to most destinations across the globe. Here are 9 need-to-know facts put together by ServiceMarket and HSBC in the UAE.
- Remittances really matter in the UAE: According to a recent media report, UAE expats send billions of dollars overseas every year and the UAE is one of the world’s top five remittance-sending countries. The UAE is home to a large workforce of foreigners and many of them send money back home, especially around festivals and holidays. Better rates and faster and more secure ways of transferring are encouraging people to transfer funds on a regular basis.
- You can send money to over 200 countries with HSBC: You can leverage HSBC’s vast network to transfer funds to more than 200 destinations around the world. Since HSBC has a presence in many countries, you may save a lot by choosing to transfer through HSBC.
- International transfers can be done in over 30 currencies with HSBC: Transferring money in other currencies has never been easier. Not only is the process quick and easy, you can also see live exchange rates on HSBC’s Personal Internet Banking to keep track of over 30 foreign currency movements.
- You can send money instantly to your global HSBC accounts with Global View and Global Transfers: Whether you want to support your family back home, pay for your child’s education, or for your mortgage, having accounts in more than one country is easier to manage with Global View and Global Transfers. You can experience one view of all your global HSBC accounts and make instant fee free transfers between them.
- You can transfer money 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: Long gone are the days when you had to find time during office hours to send money back home. You can now do it at any time from the comfort of your home using personal internet banking with HSBC. HSBC enables you to transfer funds online or via telephone banking.
- You can monitor live rates: Exchange rates vary from one exchange house to another. The difference might not seem much to you as it may vary by just a few decimal places, but if you are transferring large amounts of money then the difference really adds up. HSBC allows you to view live rates for supported currencies online and know the exact exchange rate before you transfer.
- Consider transferring online in the currency of the beneficiary’s account: You may save a lot of money by doing so because with HSBC you’ll know the exchange rate beforehand.
- Online transfers are faster, cheaper and more secure: Technology has made it easier and more secure than ever before to send money to other countries. Now money transfers are just a few clicks away, and you don’t need to carry large amounts of money around with you for every transaction.
- HSBC offers fee-free transfers: Did you know that HSBC allows expats from India, Philippines, Pakistan and Egypt to transfer home currency funds back home for free? Expats from these countries constitute a large portion of foreign workers in the UAE.
Transfer in over 30 currencies to over 200 countries, 24 hours a day. Send money home and view live exchange rates when you transfer through HSBC Personal Internet Banking.
Think Transfers. Think HSBC. Terms and Conditions apply.