Moving from an old home to a new one in Dubai can be daunting for anyone, whether you’re a single person looking for a new environment or someone with a family wanting a place to settle down. It’s even harder when you are doing all the moving without the services of a moving company in Dubai.
The endless expanse of dishes, children’s toys, linens, and the veritable mountain of odds and ends that make up a home make packing a nightmare. Not to mention comforting upset children and soothing anxious pets that take up more time than anything else!
An easy answer would be to hire moving companies in Dubai because they can make the whole process pretty easy.
Still, we’ve made a guide for you in case you want to relocate without movers and packers, for whichever reason. Here goes!
Where Should You Begin?
The important thing to remember before jumping headfirst into packing is whether or not everything is where it should be and what you actually have.
It’s no fun when you spend the entire day driving halfway to your new home, only to realize you left some important documents behind and fall into a panic.
Make a catalog of all items you have, whether it be on a physical notebook, on your notes app- whatever you’re most comfortable with.
Put this somewhere safe, where you’d easily find it when the unpacking time comes.
What You’ll Need For Packing?
Before packing, you should get all the packing essentials first. Here is a checklist of what packing material you’ll be needing:
- Cardboard boxes and wooden crates
- Packing tape
- Bubble-wrap (for fragile items like vases, ceramics, and crockery)
- Permanent markers
- Packing labels (a strip of masking tape and a permanent marker can be a label in a pinch, but label makers also exist)
- Trash bags
Of course, you can also use several other items for the process, but these are the essentials.
How To Pack?
Here are some rules to follow when it comes to the packing process.
- Pack similar items together. Pack items close together, like pillowcases and bed sheets, to ensure you don’t lose any seats while packing them away.
- Pad the items according to what they’re made of. Be sure to wrap teacups and plates in lots of bubble wrap and tissue. You can also use the boxes for clothes and other soft items to pad the delicates to save space and material. But don’t forget to be careful with them. Label it if it helps, or else you’ll be digging shards of your fine bone china cups out of your pants.
- Don’t overstuff the boxes! If a box is overfull, its weight may break other items under it or damage your car if it’s too heavy. Moreover, if a box is too heavy and you drop it, not only your belongings will be damaged but you could also hurt yourself.
Now you must be thinking, where do I begin? There’s too much!
Never fear, however, since you have the list you made earlier, and you can use that as a reference to know what to pack first. Just put a system in place, and you’ll be ready to go.
How To Organize and Move?
As for organizing the move, you can start from the room with the least number of items if you’d like to start slow. Or maybe you’d like to dive in with the busiest room and tackle that to get the hardest part done first.
Either way, pack the fragile items first and then move on to the rest.
Next, you’ll have to decide on which truck to use. After all, you’ll need to transport your items to your new home too.
For this, you can either hire moving companies in Dubai or just hire trucks for your convenience.
But What If I Don’t Want To Do This All By Myself?
Never fear, then, because it will all be infinitely easy if you choose a professional moving company. At ServiceMarket, you can find the best movers and packers in Dubai on one platform.
The Bottom Line
Whether you choose to move without the help of a moving company or with the assistance of one, the instructions are all here. If you’d like professional help with Dubai movers, head on over to ServiceMarket and find whichever movers and packers suit you.