Below you will find a list of 19 common destinations people in the UAE ship their cars to and the approximate costs along with the average duties and taxes for each country.
ServiceMarket can help you find car shipping companies to ship your car to any of these destinations and more! Just click here and fill out the form or call us and we’ll do the rest. If you’re trying to decide on the best car shipping company for you, our list of the top 5 car shipping companies in 2017 may be a good place to start.
VAT: Value added tax
GST: Goods and Services Tax
- The approximate costs listed are just estimates and should not be used as exact figures.
- The large ranges are due to the different shipping options available for each country.
For example: The approximate cost for shipping your car to Bahrain is AED 1,800 – AED 10,000. This means that AED 1,800 is the approximate price for the lowest cost option which is roll-on, roll-off on a car carrier. While AED 10,000 is the approximate cost for shipping to Bahrain in a container by sea.
- The costs listed exclude any custom duties and taxes that you may incur on shipping.
For example: Shipping your car to the Philippines costs roughly between AED 6,000 to AED 8,000 but this cost is ONLY on freight charges. Once taxes, duties and all other additional charges are added, the cost of shipping your car is almost 100% of your car value. This is why many car shipping companies discourage shipping your car to the Philippines. However, if you are a diplomat you do not incur these additional charges.
You can find a list of countries which are very expensive to ship cars to due to high custom duties and taxes here.
- From the time of publication of this article, the average duties and taxes listed are correct, however they may change without notice. It is always best to conduct further research after referring to the table above.
- Different countries have different requirements and car specifications that must be adhered to before you can legally register a car. Therefore, it’s important to fully understand the restrictions in place to make sure that your car conforms to all legal requirements beforehand. For example, you cannot legally important a Left Hand Drive vehicle into South Africa.
Let us know what other countries you would like to see in the list by commenting below!
In case you missed our other articles in the Car Shipping Series:
- 4 Myths About Shipping Your Car to Europe from the UAE
- How to Ship Your Car from Dubai
- How to Ship Your Car from Abu Dhabi
Don’t forget that you can buy your car insurance on ServiceMarket. On ServiceMarket you can compare car insurance policies from multiple insurers and purchase your car insurance online.