COVID-19 is a recently identified, contagious disease caused by coronavirus. It has transformed into a worldwide pandemic since 2020. Abu Dhabi and the rest of the UAE have also fallen prey to this disease. But due to the rigorous PCR testing, Abu Dhabi has managed to control the number of active cases.
The coronavirus has had an unforeseen impact throughout the world in every way possible. People want to avoid contracting COVID-19 at all costs due to the intimidating image this virus has earned.
What should you do if you are COVID-19 positive?
But even after taking all the precautions and safety measures, if you test positive for COVID-19, you need to do the following:
- Try to be as calm as possible because COVID-19 affects different people in different ways. The majority of the people who have tested positive for COVID-19 experience mild to moderate symptoms and manage to get through the illness without requiring serious medical attention. Also with a relaxed mind, it is easier to focus on taking the necessary measures.
- Droplets contaminated with the virus are released into the air through coughs and sneezes. Therefore, you should stay at home in isolation because virus-contaminated droplets are left on the surface every time you touch it.
- Call everyone you have been in close contact with recently for their safety as well as to reduce the spread of the virus. Advise them to get tested as well and observe isolation until test results are revealed.
- Separate yourself from other family members as well as pets (pet animals might be asymptomatic carriers of coronavirus). Try to separate your room and for further safety, use a separate bathroom if possible.
- Wear a mask and gloves if you have to be around other people and try to mind a six-foot, safe distance from them.
- Get plenty of rest and drink fluids to keep yourself hydrated.
- Keep track of your symptoms which might include, fever, cough, body aches, and other symptoms.
- Take over-the-counter medications such as Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen to reduce fever and body aches. If you are experiencing any uncomfortable cough just take cough syrup.
- Get in touch with your doctor if you have any underlying health conditions before taking extensive fluids and any medications.
- If you are planning to visit your doctor, inform him or the clinic beforehand so they can guide you with the precautions and take safety measures themselves.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer with a minimum of 60% alcohol in it. Wash your hands frequently, especially after touching your eyes, mouth, or nose, before eating and after using the toilet.
- Do not share dishes, utensils, glasses, towels, and beddings with other family members. If you use any of these items wash them with hot water.
- Thoroughly clean and disinfect the areas which you are using and advise other family members to clean and disinfect the space they are living in.
- Do not leave the house unless absolute necessary. Wear a mask and gloves in public and maintain a safe social distance from other people.
- Remain in isolation until you have completely recovered from the COVID-19 symptoms and tested negative for the virus.
- If your symptoms are aggravating, confusing, or concerning such as:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Continuous pain and pressure in the chest
- Lips, face, or skin turning blue, pale, or grey
Call for local emergency health authorities for immediate medical attention.
If you are not experiencing any symptoms of the virus even after being tested positive for COVID-19, isolate yourself for at least 10 days and until tested negative.
You do not have to leave your home to get yourself tested. Now you can get yourself tested for COVID-19 within the safety of your home. Just book the PCR testing service on ServiceMarket on your phone!